Re: How to test kernel drivers for memory leaks

From: Elvis Dowson
Date: Wed Oct 06 2010 - 06:13:59 EST

Hi Enberg,

> Kmemleak is an in-kernel memory leak detector. See
> Documentation/kmemleak.txt for details.

Thanks for that info, I just read it and it looks useful.

Do you know of any other tools that can be used for full static and dynamic analysis, and observations of variables while it is running on the target?

I used to use Rational Test-Real-Time with a JTAG emulator probe before. Are there any other equivalent tools that can do good static and dynamic analysis of kernel modules, while it is running on the target, with a good interface?

I want to setup a full kernel profiling and debug environment, to be able to debug linux kernel (android-2.6.32) running on a TI OMAP 3503 target platform (Gumstix Overo Earth), to optimize performance and improve the stability of the system (e.g. running for more than 1 year, without requiring a reboot).

Best regards,

Elvis