Re: [RFC v2 00/21] TCM Core and TCM_Loop patches for v2.6.37

From: Vladislav Bolkhovitin
Date: Wed Oct 06 2010 - 13:14:54 EST

Tejun Heo, on 10/06/2010 06:10 PM wrote:
> On 10/06/2010 09:24 AM, Nicholas A. Bellinger wrote:
>>> I like to hear the opinions of SCSI maintainer and ATA folks.
>>
>> jejb, jgarzik, tejun and co..? Any thoughts here..?
>
> I frankly have no idea whatsoever. Is there something I can read to
> educate myself on the subject?

General information about a SCSI target subsystem you can find in
http://scst.sourceforge.net. More internal details about implementation
in http://scst.sourceforge.net/scst_pg.html. Features which are
implemented in http://scst.sourceforge.net/comparison.html.

Directly on the subject you can find some considerations in
http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/10/1/140 (second half of the message).

My opinion is that in ideal the SCSI initiator subsystem should be
drivers/scsi/initiator and the target subsystem - drivers/scsi/target
with shared code in drivers/scsi/. But in reality such big
reorganization is unlikely possible, so it's better to leave SCSI
initiator subsystem in drivers/scsi and the target subsystem - in the
separate directory in drivers/ (drivers/scst for SCST).

Vlad