Tips on debugging suspend/resume failure

From: Man Spaz
Date: Fri Oct 08 2010 - 00:09:38 EST

Hello
I have a machine x86 arch with no serial port, only console. I have a suspend/resume (mem, not hibernate) problem (not sure which one it is, if something fails on the suspend, or the resume fails - but it does seem to go to sleep) that doesn't suspend nor resume at all, using stock standard x86_64 kernel.

I compiled everything as a module and removed all unnecessary ones, so I cannot isolate the problem to a specific driver. This very same machine had no problems with <2.6.34.2 kernels.

But the question remains, how to get debug out? Is there a dmesg buffer that can persist if DRAM is being refreshed perhaps? Is there another way to skin this mongrel, I mean cat?
Spaz