Re: [RFC/PATCH 2/2] usb:gadget: Add SuperSpeed support to the Gadget Framework

From: David Brownell
Date: Sun Oct 10 2010 - 23:22:49 EST

> > Ok. I suppose whatever gadget application is being used can reset these
> > values later? So that if you had a gadget webcam, it could set the
> > wMaxPacketSize to the frame size or whatever it needed?

Yes ... in fact, every altsetting or configuration may need to set up
each endpoint differently ... that's why ep_enable() passes full
endpoint configs (as descriptors), so they can more easily be changed.

If the notion is that there are values that may need to get passed from
silicon to driver, I'd like to see that done explicitly, with drivers
updating descriptors, instead of doing anything by back-door routes
that make UDC drivers making hidden updates.

- Dave