RE: PROBLEM: brcm80211 hangs on2.6.36-0.34.rc6.git3.fc15.x86_64

From: Brett Rudley
Date: Mon Oct 11 2010 - 17:03:06 EST

> 1). Tell me what kind of hardware you are testing on that's 32-bit?
Various brands of laptops and desktops, mostly Dell latops, various Intel motherboard based desktops.

> 2). How many CPUs (threads, cores, whatever) do you have?
Most are 2, some of the newer laptops have 8.

> 3). Share your test kernel configuration?
Nothing special, see attached.

> Yea. What about the high order bits in the phy msglevel, what are they
> intended to be doing?

Nothing special, wl_msg_level is a standard bitmap, each bit enables printfs for a particular feature.
There is no special meaning attached to the location an individual bit within the word.
Yeah, it would be less confusing if they were redefined to be more compact, I'll fix that up.

Could you, perhaps, give us some more useful docs
> to accompany what is in the staging tree at this point?

Yeah, working on that. As you probably noticed, there's a lot to document :-(

Brett