select on sysFs-entry does not pend anymore

From: Michael Lawnick
Date: Tue Oct 12 2010 - 06:57:57 EST

Hi *,

on porting a driver from 2.6.29 to 2.6.32 I had to notice that select()
on a sysFs-entry seems not to pend anymore (no more wait for kernel-side
sysfs_notify()). I checked on different architectures (MIPS, PPC, x86),
all the same result :-(
Was this support dropped intentionally or by accident?
The code of sysfs_notify() is still in kernel, but I see no sense in it
if select is not possible.
Any workaround known that is as easy as the original?

Please don't forget to CC me on answers to list, as I haven't subscribed
to this group.

--
KR and TIA
Michael