Re: Lenovo S12 2.6.36-rc7 lockup

From: Chris Vine
Date: Wed Oct 13 2010 - 05:13:57 EST

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 23:22:26 +0100
sam <sam.tygier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> i have seen similar issue while running with older kernels (2.6.32)
> on a S12 (intel GPU version). there is an ubuntu bug
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/643822
>
> the "nolapic_timer" boot flag fixes it for me.

Interesting, yes, the 'nolapic_timer' option fixes it on this netbook,
but that seems a bit sub-optimal as it will presumably force use of i/o
apic. Whether that makes much difference in practice I don't know: the
netbook has a single Atom processor which does hyperthreading to appear
as two.

kernel 2.6.36-rc is the first kernel to trigger this on this particular
netbook.

Chris