Re: Firmware versioning best practices: ath3k-2.fw rename or replaceath3k-1.fw ?

From: Suraj Sumangala
Date: Thu Oct 14 2010 - 00:23:11 EST

Hi Luis,

On 10/13/2010 11:39 PM, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
Does HCI support uploading firmware? Can't we resolve this blacklist
crap issue if devices just used HCI to upload firmware?

HCI does not support uploading firmware. But HCI does provide options for vendor specific commands that can be used for uploading firmware as long as your device has enough intelligence to understand the command when it comes.

This is what we do for AR300x serial devices. We do not download firmware, but we do download all configuration entries as VS HCI commands.

Luis

Regards
Suraj