Question: how to copy to user space from a tasklet

From: Tom Brown
Date: Thu Oct 14 2010 - 06:43:30 EST

[Sorry to have to ask this here - I can't find any driver-specific newsgroup or mailing lists - are there any??]

I have a driver which needs to copy device data direct to user space from a tasklet. I need to do this because the device is continuously DMA'ing into user space, with no user intervention, so the user isn't waiting for data. In other words, I don't have any user-associated process to wake up.

This means that I have to somehow copy the data directly to the user from the tasklet, without sleeping, and without direct access to user context. Can someone tell me how to do this?

Thanks

Tom