Re: Build regressions/improvements in v2.6.36-rc8

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Mon Oct 18 2010 - 01:28:00 EST

Hi Randy,

On Sun, 17 Oct 2010 20:17:05 +1100 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Oct 2010 10:02:25 +0200 Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 00:14, Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > BTW, do you use LC_ALL=C when doing builds? ÂI'd like to be able to read
> > > messages like this one:
> > >
> > > src/Documentation/spi/spidev_test.c:56: warning: (near initialization for ÃâËtrÃââ): 1 warnings in 1 logs
> >
> > I just grab the logs from the linux-next build service.
>
> I will talk to Michael about that.

Turns out that we do build with LANG=C, but the Geert is grabbing the
logs embedded within the full results web page (which converts the '
characters to &#39).

Geert, to fetch the full log as a text file, just append "log/" to the
results page url. For further help with what you are trying to do,
please email Michael Ellerman (cc'd). He can possibly add useful other
urls or interfaces for you.
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx