Re: [BUG] kvm: guest can not startup due to triple fault

From: Avi Kivity
Date: Mon Oct 18 2010 - 10:20:09 EST

On 10/18/2010 04:15 PM, Dave Young wrote:
On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 10:13 PM, Avi Kivity<avi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 10/18/2010 04:11 PM, Dave Young wrote:

>> Please wait, I reply too quick, actually it boots two times fine then
>> one time fail.
>
> What boots fine? The guest?

Yes the guest

That makes some sort of wierd sense. First kvm samples X86_FEATURE_NX, sees that it has the feature, reports it to qemu, qemu runs the guest, NX gets disabled in between, the guest tries to enable NX, kvm kills it.

Second time round, kvm reports that NX is not available, qemu does not enable it, neither does the guest, and everyone is happy.

Please confirm that when the guest does boot, it boots without NX in /proc/cpuinfo.