Re: [RFC/RFT PATCH] sched: automated per tty task groups

From: Markus Trippelsdorf
Date: Wed Oct 20 2010 - 10:05:13 EST

Mike Galbraith wrote:

> Comments, suggestions etc highly welcome.

I've tested your patch and it runs smoothly on my machine.
However I had several NULL pointer dereference BUGs that happened when I
left X or rebooted my system. I think this is caused by your patch.
There is nothing in the logs unfortunately, but I scribbled down the
following by hand (not the whole trace, I'm too lazy):

BUG: unable to handle NULL pointer dereference at 0..038
IP: pick_next_task_fair 0xa7/0x1a0
Call Trace: schedule