RE: Linux 2.6.35/TIPC 2.0 ABI breaking changes

From: Jon Maloy
Date: Wed Oct 20 2010 - 14:11:33 EST

<...>

> > Remember, permitting both is a superset of the current one
> (NBO only)
> > so it is fully backwards compatible. We break absolutly nothing by
> > permitting this.
> >
> Thats effectively reverting both our patches though, isn't it
> (not that I'm disagreeing with it, just looking for
> clarification). If we revert my patch and reintroduce the
> htohl mechanism which tracks endianess, we might as well
> revert the TIPC_SUB_SERVICE flag as well, yeah?

Absolutely. I think it was a mistake to change that value.
But I don't think we need to reintroduce the htohl(). That
was just one way of doing it. If I understood your suggestion
from yesterday correctly you converted the whole message within
one if()clause, without any htohl(). I have have no problem with
that approach.

///jon