Note: complete kernel freeze triggered by xenmon.py in SLES10SP3 x86_64

From: Ulrich Windl
Date: Fri Oct 22 2010 - 05:40:34 EST

Hello!
(Kids, don't do this)

When I tried "xenmon.py" on a two dual-core Operon machine running SLES10 SP3 x86_64 in XEN#s Dom0, the machine froze (i.e. Dom0, all DomUs). Today with all current updates, the same happened again. After booting and fsck (reiserfs), I found no messages in syslog or XEN's logs. When the machine seemed frozen, the console did not react to key presses (screen was black).

# rpm -q kernel-xen xen
kernel-xen-2.6.16.60-0.69.1
xen-3.2.3_17040_20-0.4.2

Regards,