How to prevent + being appended to kernel image name

From: Elvis Dowson
Date: Mon Oct 25 2010 - 15:55:17 EST

Hi,
When I build the linux-2.6.36 kernel (wl12xx wireless repo) using OpenEmbedded (OE), the kernel image that gets created has the name "Linux-2.6.36-rc8-wl"

However, when I build it from within TI CCS v5 (eclipse IDE), the resulting kernel image name has a + sign appended to the image name "Linux-2.6.36-rc8-wl+"

How can I prevent the + symbol from being prefixed to the kernel image name?

I'm using OE to build the rootfilesystem and the kernel driver modules, but using TI CCS v5 to incrementally modify my board definition file, and quickly compile the kernel and test it. Because of the + prefix, I'm unable to load kernel modules correctly due to the mismatch in the kernel image names.

Elvis Dowson