Reminder: short merge window

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Oct 25 2010 - 22:07:52 EST

So this is just a reminder - I'm trying to make sure that everybody is
aware of the fact that in my 2.6.36 announcement, I was talking about
trying to do a short merge window. Why? So that I could release -rc1
by the time the kernel summit started, despite the release of 2.6.36
being delayed.

And so far, in the five days since the 2.6.36 release, we've merged
5500+ commits. That has turned my "maybe we can do a shorter merge
window" into a "we can definitely do a shorter merge window". Because
we already have enough changes, and there's almost a week to go - so I
think we're well on track for doing that. But I'll holler here once
more, just to try to make sure that nobody gets any big surprise by
such a shorter-than-usual merge window.

So for anybody out there planning on pushing things to me for this
release and haven't yet done so (and I know there are subsystems that
haven't yet, because they're in linux-next), make sure it happens this
week by Saturday (because Sunday I'm spending on a plane, and I was
tentatively planning on doing the release using the free PDX WiFi).

Linus