Re: Compat-wireless release for 2010-10-25 is baked

From: Johannes Stezenbach
Date: Tue Oct 26 2010 - 16:40:52 EST

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 09:48:12PM +0200, Ivo Van Doorn wrote:
> For rt2x00 development you can choose between rt2x00.git and
> wireless-testing.git,
> the trees are usually not that far apart, since smaller patches are pushed quite
> quickly upstream. (Also rt2x00.git is rebased frequently, while
> wireless-testing.git rarely
> is rebased)

Thanks for clarification. I guess I'll start with wireless-testing,
that sounds a bit more newbie-friendly. I just want to avoid
searching or reporting bugs which are already fixed, but your description
sounds like changes are pushed from rt2x00.git to wireless-testing.git
maybe weekly. I was afraid patches would be pushed to wireless-testing.git
only when it's time to get ready for the next merge window.

Thanks,
Johannes