Re: Linux 2.6.37-rc1 (acpi_video)

From: Randy Dunlap
Date: Tue Nov 02 2010 - 14:53:47 EST

When I disable CONFIG_INPUT (on purpose):

ERROR: "input_event" [drivers/acpi/video.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "input_register_device" [drivers/acpi/video.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "input_free_device" [drivers/acpi/video.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "input_unregister_device" [drivers/acpi/video.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "input_allocate_device" [drivers/acpi/video.ko] undefined!

due to the gpu/stub (poulsbo) driver:

config STUB_POULSBO
tristate "Intel GMA500 Stub Driver"
depends on PCI
# Poulsbo stub depends on ACPI_VIDEO when ACPI is enabled
# but for select to work, need to select ACPI_VIDEO's dependencies, ick
select ACPI_VIDEO if ACPI

The config does not select INPUT, even though the comment says that
ACPI_VIDEO's dependencies need to be selected, and ACPI_VIDEO does
depend on INPUT. But then, I'm trying to build a kernel with
CONFIG_INPUT disabled....

---
~Randy