Re: RFC: btusb firmware load help

From: Luis R. Rodriguez
Date: Wed Nov 10 2010 - 13:46:32 EST

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 6:38 AM, Kevin Hayes <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes, it is a good idea to let the downloadable firmware set a new PID, along with the
> blacklist on the 3002 PID for the first go round. ÂI emphasize, it is the downloaded
> firmware that will be required to do the PID swizzling, not the sflash firmware. ÂAnd I
> agree we should have a map of the PIDs in use and what they are used for, once
> we get through this immediate fixing phase.

FWIW, since we actually have customers already using this I took
Bala's original patch and put it into compat-wirelesss-2.6.36 and the
current bleeding edge compat-wireless so we can get customers at least
something working in the mean time. Of course this means we'll need to
support this patch should any issues come up ;).

The proper patch didn't make it to 2.6.37, hoping this will get
resolved for 2.6.38.

Luis