Re: divide error in select_task_rq_fair()

From: Yinghai Lu
Date: Sun Nov 14 2010 - 14:11:21 EST

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 9:36 AM, Myron Stowe <myron.stowe@xxxxxx> wrote:

> I got the same divide error with this latest patch (see attachment).  If
> I revert commit 50f2d7f682f9, the platform boots successfully.

please check patch in
http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/11/13/181

BTW, you also need to ask your BIOS guys to fix the SRAT table.
If you only have 128 cpu entries in MADT, SRAT table should have 128
cpu entries instead of 256 cpu entries
otherwise, RHEL 5.5 could have problem. it will throw away last cpu
entry in SRAT,
(NR_CPUS is 255..., and last entry still could point the right cpu in MADT)
Also BIOS should keep cpu entries in SRAT have same order to that in MADT.

Thanks

Yinghai