Re: [RFC/RFT PATCH v3] sched: automated per tty task groups

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Nov 16 2010 - 15:39:12 EST

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 12:33 PM, Lennart Poettering
<mzxreary@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> No you don't. Because that is not a desktop use case.

See my other response. You don't care AT ALL, because by your
judgement, all desktop is is a web browser and a word processor.

So why are you even discussing this? It's irrelevant for you. cgroups
will _never_ matter for what you are talking about, and that has
nothing to do with ttys, automation, scripting or anything else.

Because your definition of "desktop" seems to be "only interactive
apps". So this i all irrelevant.

Which is fine by me. It's not what the patch is supposed to affect.

Linus