Re: [ANNOUNCE] New utility: 'trace'

From: Darren Hart
Date: Tue Nov 16 2010 - 16:27:40 EST

On 11/16/2010 01:04 PM, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
We are pleased to announce a new tracing tool called 'trace'.

Hi Thomas, Ingo - Congrats and Thanks!

At this point we'd like to ask for feedback from other users of tracing tools,
which workflow components would you like to see in addition to what the 'trace'
tool is offering?

Comments, bug reports, suggestions welcome,

The first thing that comes to mind is trace_marker:

echo "Test point A" > /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/trace_marker

I've found this sort of markup to be useful using ftrace (with C equivalents embedded in the test case). Is this supported?

Thanks,

--
Darren Hart
Yocto Linux Kernel