Re: [ANNOUNCE] New utility: 'trace'

From: Darren Hart
Date: Tue Nov 16 2010 - 17:09:19 EST

On 11/16/2010 02:03 PM, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
On Tue, 2010-11-16 at 22:59 +0100, Ingo Molnar wrote:

Would you be interested in helping out with (and testing) such a more generic
approach?

how about having perf-record open a named pipe and rewriting everything
that comes in through that as an event and storing it in the buffer?

When I'm tracing an app or test-case, I want to be able to quickly add and change strings. I like the trace_printk sort of access as it avoids having to do a bunch of string formatting (sprintf()) calls in the test app.

--
Darren Hart
Yocto Linux Kernel