Re: [ANNOUNCE] New utility: 'trace'

From: Bob Copeland
Date: Wed Nov 17 2010 - 14:00:45 EST

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 10:34 PM, Steven Rostedt <rostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> (*) Currently in trace-cmd I have plugins. These plugins are simple
> functions to read events and either output better displays of the event
> or do something special (Avi wrote some for his kvm events).

We also use this for debugging some wireless drivers. The (unstable)
raw events can capture entire packets and produce psuedo-pcap files with
a plugin so we can compare what we thought went over the air versus what
actually did, and correlate them with api-level tracepoints in upper
layers. It's perhaps a bit of a bending of the infrastructure, but one
that has been helpful.

--
Bob Copeland %% www.bobcopeland.com