Re: [RFC/RFT PATCH v3] sched: automated per tty task groups

From: Mike Galbraith
Date: Thu Nov 18 2010 - 18:30:11 EST

On Thu, 2010-11-18 at 23:33 +0100, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:

> If you think, that systemd can solve this and probably other aspects of
> responsiveness, go for it, compete with it, and _prove_ it with real
> facts and numbers, not just hand waving.

Of course systemd can do it. You don't even need systemd, autogroup or
whatever else if you don't mind a little scripting. There's nothing to
prove, any numbers he generates will be identical with any numbers I
generate... it's the same scheduler whether you configure it from
userspace or kernelspace.

> As already mentioned countless times (and some of it was even renamed
> for this very fact): the grouping by tty is just a starter. There are

Actually, I switched to setsid alone for now at least, and the only
thing in the root group is kernel threads.

-Mike