Re: [ANNOUNCE] New utility: 'trace'

From: Ian Munsie
Date: Thu Nov 18 2010 - 21:32:16 EST

Hi Jason,

I'm adding Avantika to the CC list as she recently contacted me
regarding syscall tracepoints on PowerPC.

Excerpts from Jason Baron's message of Fri Nov 19 02:11:42 +1100 2010:
> I was wondering what the status of those patches were...last I remember
> they looked pretty good to me...I'd be more than happy to help review
> those.

Yeah there isn't much left to do on them - the main delay has just been
finding some time to work on them.

I did want to revisit the naming of the events and the subtle
differences for syscalls with a single implementation for both the
native and compat versions versus those that have separate
implementations - I don't want userspace to have to care about that
distinction.

I recall there were a few comments on some of your patches in the series
- if I rebase the patches on the current tip tree and publish the tree
somewhere would you be willing to take a look at those?

Cheers,
-Ian