Re: [7/8,v3] NUMA Hotplug Emulator: extend memory probe interfaceto support NUMA

From: Dave Hansen
Date: Fri Nov 19 2010 - 11:36:25 EST

On Fri, 2010-11-19 at 15:51 +0800, Shaohui Zheng wrote:
> the purpose of hotplug emulator is providing a possible solution for cpu/memory
> hotplug testing, the interface upgrading is not part of emulator. Let's forget
> configfs here.

If it's just for testing, you're right, we probably shouldn't go to the
trouble of making a new interface. At the same time, we shouldn't put
something in /sys or configfs that we're not committed to, long-term.

So, not to replace the memory probe file, but _only_ to drive the new
debug-only node hot-add, I think its appropriate place is debugfs.

-- Dave