Re: [RFC/RFT PATCH v3] sched: automated per tty task groups

From: Mika Laitio
Date: Sat Nov 20 2010 - 17:17:08 EST

> > What complexity? Have you looked at the patch? It has no complexity anywhere.
> >
> > It's a _lot_ less complex than having system daemons you don't
> > control. We have not had good results with that approach in the past.
> > System daemons tend to cause nasty problems, and debugging them is a
> > nightmare.
>
> Well, userspace doesn't bite.

To me, this starts sounding like a legendary "userspace suspend" versus
"kernel suspend" support fights many years ago... Since that, I have
_sometimes_but_rarely_ been luckily enought to get my laptops
recovered from the suspend states successfully...

And as the kernel patches allows disabling the schedyles feature either via kernel
build parameters, boot parameters or at runtime _if_you_ really want, I do
not understand why do you complaint if there will be much better defaults
in the kernel immediately once you just build and boot the new kernel.
(I really do not plan to start converting init-rd boot scripts from
all of my computers systemd way of doing things in near future...)

Mika