Re: [RFC/RFT PATCH v3] sched: automated per tty task groups

From: Balbir Singh
Date: Mon Nov 22 2010 - 01:16:36 EST

* Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2010-11-16 10:49:22]:

> That's the point. We can push out the kernel change, and everything
> will "just work". We can make that feature we already have in the
> kernel actually be _useful_.

This is absolutely fine, as long as everyone wants the feature, "just
works" for us as kernel developers might not be the same as "just
works" for all end users. How does one find and disable this feature
if one is not happy? I don't think it is very hard, it could be a
simple tool that the distro provides or documentation, but hidden
works both ways, IMHO. In summary, we need tooling with good defaults.

--
Three Cheers,
Balbir