Re: [RFC/PATCH v6 03/12] [alsa-devel] media: Entities, pads andlinks

From: Mark Brown
Date: Thu Nov 25 2010 - 10:35:52 EST

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 04:29:53PM +0100, Laurent Pinchart wrote:

> It depends on how you define nodes. I can certainly imagine a graph with 100
> controls, but maybe several controls can be part of the same node ? On the
> video side we've decided to split entities depending on the possible data
> paths configurations. As I'm not a fluent ascii-art speaker, please have a
> look at pages 4 and 5 of http://www.ideasonboard.org/media/20101103-lpc-
> media.pdf

Please take a look at:

http://www.wolfsonmicro.com/products/WM8994

for an example of a modern smartphone CODEC. This has in the ballpark
of 75-100 nodes (I've not counted exactly) represented in the routing
graph in the driver today. This does not include any audio routing
available in other components such as the CPU.