Re: Nobody cared about IRQs at shutdown

From: Alexander E. Patrakov
Date: Thu Nov 25 2010 - 11:14:41 EST

25.11.2010 21:06, Alan Stern wrote:
On Thu, 25 Nov 2010, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

Hello.

After switching my Gentoo desktop from sysvinit + openrc to systemd, I
started getting "nobody cared" messages about IRQs 16 and 19 (common
thing: they are assigned to the USB controllers, that's why CC:
According to your listing, they are used by uhci-hcd. Do the messages
go away if you unload uhci-hcd before shutting down?

It is not a module here, so I have to recompile the kernel in order to try this. Will do that tomorrow.

You may need to debug the uhci-hcd driver. Look into
drivers/usb/host/uhci-hcd.c; the uhci_shutdown() routine ought to be
called and it ought to call uhci_hc_died(), which in turn calls
uhci_reset_hc() in pci-quirks.c, which is supposed to prevent the
controller from generating any IRQs.

OK, tomorrow I will add some printks there.

Do you have any USB devices attached to bus 3 or bus 6?

Yes:

Bus 006 Device 002: ID 05d8:4002 Ultima Electronics Corp. Artec Ultima 2000 (GT6801 based)/Lifetec LT9385/ScanMagic 1200 UB Plus Scanner

Should I unplug it and retest the bug now?

--
Alexander E. Patrakov