RE: [RFC] persistent store (version 2) (part 1 of 2)

From: Luck, Tony
Date: Thu Dec 02 2010 - 01:00:25 EST

> filenames refer to files! And lo, that's what we have here. A
> filesystem! The files are created by the kernel and are read and
> unlinked by userspace.
>
> So why not implement this whole thing as a proper filesystem?
> Wait. It *is* a filesystem.
> So why can't I remove these "records" with rm?

Because I tried to use /sys for this and couldn't find a
way to get notified about "unlink". Alan Cox called this
bit "daft" in v1 (and I agreed with him). Peter Anvin gave
me some pointers on how easy this would be to do as a real
filesystem ... so v3 will be out in a little while with
this insanity removed.

I'll roll in fixes to address your other comments too.

Thanks for the review.

-Tony