Re: [RFC/PATCH v6 03/12] media: Entities, pads and links

From: Mark Brown
Date: Tue Dec 07 2010 - 14:03:36 EST

On Tue, Dec 07, 2010 at 07:11:39PM +0100, Hans Verkuil wrote:

> Ah, now I understand what you mean. Would 'activated' be better than 'active'?

Better, yes, though it still sounds a bit like something should be
actively (IYSWIM) happening. In the absence of better ideas I could go
with this.

> Or perhaps just say: the link 'is on' or the link 'is switched on'?

> So: ...LINK_SWITCHED_ON (sorry, forgot what the prefix is).

> Actually, I think 'switched on' is a pretty good description of what is going on
> in the hardware.

I prefer activated, this makes me think of power. Bear in mind that for
most audio the power is a big portion of the control - either the audio
is analogue or it looks like it.