visibility changes (was: Re: [GIT] kbuild and kconfig fixes for 2.6.37-rc5)

From: Geert Uytterhoeven
Date: Tue Dec 07 2010 - 14:13:53 EST

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 14:57, Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> please pull these kbuild/kconfig fixes for the next -rc. The largest
> part are fixes for the annoying kconfig warnings, contributed by Arnaud
> Lacombe and Mauro Carvalho Chehab. The solution adds a new 'visible if'
> keyword to the Kconfig language, so it's not exactly something that one
> would expect in the rc phase, but the kconfig change is not huge (the
> large diff is due to generated files) and it is deployed only in those
> five Kconfig files that had the warnings and were hard to fix by other
> means. ÂThe second part is a forgotten patch by Hendrik Brueckner to
> usr/initramfs, that fixes build for Blackfin and h8300.

> Arnaud Lacombe (5):
> Â Â Âkconfig: add an option to determine a menu's visibility

Hmm, this changeset also went in through the v4l tree?

BTW, I got confused:
- make allmodconfig causes e.g.:
CONFIG_VIDEO_HELPER_CHIPS_AUTO=y
CONFIG_VIDEO_TVAUDIO=m
=> good
- make oldconfig for my config with almost everything selected,
except for stuff I know that breaks:
CONFIG_VIDEO_HELPER_CHIPS_AUTO=y
# CONFIG_VIDEO_TVAUDIO is not set
and no way to manually set CONFIG_VIDEO_TVAUDIO=y?
=> bad!

Is this intentional?

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

            Geert