RE: questions regarding possible violation of AHCI spec in AHCIdriver

From: Jian Peng
Date: Wed Dec 08 2010 - 15:09:51 EST

The controller may take much longer time to recover in this case, and leads to wrong HW state after stop_engine() inside ahci_hardreset() and cause device type checking failure due to unfinished HW state change and missing D2H FIS after start_engine() again inside ahci_hardreset(). I guess this is the reason why AHCI spec try to emphasize.

Yes, without this change, Broadcom controller will fail due to above reason.

Thanks,
Jian