Re: delayacct: alignment changes break iotop

From: Dan Carpenter
Date: Mon Dec 13 2010 - 08:10:46 EST

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 06:27:09PM +0530, Balbir Singh wrote:
> Thanks for the report, looks like the change did not even bump the
> version field. Sorry, its my fault, I should have caught it earlier.
> iotop hard coding member offsets is not bad as long as we don't break
> ABI (expected from us). Any chance you could dump the offsets before
> and after the change?

Here is what iotop expects from iotop/data.py

members_offsets = [
('blkio_delay_total', 40),
('swapin_delay_total', 56),
('read_bytes', 248),
('write_bytes', 256),
('cancelled_write_bytes', 264)
]

Bumping the version doesn't help, because iotop doesn't care.

What are the warning messages that prompted the change on IA64 in the
first place? Can't we just change the format for ia64 and leave the
other arches how they were before?

regards,
dan carpenter