RE: [RFC] persistent store (version 3) (part 1 of 2)

From: Luck, Tony
Date: Mon Dec 13 2010 - 12:56:57 EST

>could you cc linux fs devel and maybe linux embedded mailing list?
>Currently I try to insert in mainline the pramfs. Maybe we have the
>same goal and we could "merge" our effort. What do you think? Sure the
>kernel from this point of view has got a lack of support, I see
>different approach and solution to this. I saw in the staging tree a
>pmem driver of google guys that it seems to be designed for the same
>goal.

Marco,

My Cc: list is already getting rather long ... I worry about
adding more mailing lists to it. Embedded is a bit worrying
for me as I've been a bit cavalier about memory allocation in
the current version (on the theory that I was targeting servers,
and a few Kbytes, or even tens of Kbytes wasn't worth worrying
about on a server - which these days is likely to have a minimum
of 4 GBytes).

I grepped around for "pmem" in drivers/staging in linux-next and
got a lot of hits - but none of them leapt out as something
similar. Can you point a bit more specifically?

-Tony