Re: [patch 2/3] add new macros to make percpu readmostly sectioncorrectly align

From: Tejun Heo
Date: Tue Dec 14 2010 - 04:57:31 EST

Hello,

On 12/14/2010 02:08 AM, Shaohua Li wrote:
> I don't understand what you mean. defining a cachine line size macro
> for all archs? There is such macro, but using it in vmlinux.ld.h
> always report error. There is some other defines which can't be
> included in a link script.

I haven't really looked through it but wouldn't it be possible to
ifdef it. ie. if cacheline macro is available, align it to it;
otherwise, don't. And, ultimately, the correct thing to do is making
it cacheline aligned on all archs. There can be several different
ways to get there but it might just as well be making cacheline size
available in all archs first and then update the PERCPU macro.

Thank you.

--
tejun