Re: swap storage alignment and stride size

From: Martin K. Petersen
Date: Tue Dec 14 2010 - 15:01:50 EST

>>>>> "Ric" == Ric Wheeler <ricwheeler@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Sorry, I've been away for a couple of weeks.

Ric> There has been a lot of work on alignment, Martin Petersen lead
Ric> most of that and is probably the best one to ping.

With modern tooling we should align the partition or DM device correctly
so the swap starts on a properly aligned boundary. But I don't think
anybody has looked into hooking the swap stuff up with the I/O
topology. I'm also not sure the swap code is flexible enough to deal
with units that are bigger than page size.

Hugh?

--
Martin K. Petersen Oracle Linux Engineering