Re: [cpuops cmpxchg V2 5/5] cpuops: Use cmpxchg for xchg to avoidlock semantics

From: Tejun Heo
Date: Wed Dec 15 2010 - 11:40:50 EST

Hello,

On 12/15/2010 05:35 PM, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> I think we can do that... let me look through the tree first officially
> committing. Alternatively, I can pull the patches from your tree and
> individually review them and add them to a tip branch, if you prefer.

I'd prefer percpu things going through percpu tree, if for nothing
else for git history's sake, but I don't think it really matters. The
series is spread all over the place anyway. As long as each
maintainer is properly alerted about the changes, it should be okay.
Please let me know whether you agree with the changes currently queued
in percpu#for-next. I'll update the tree with your Acked-by's and
freeze it.

Thanks.

--
tejun