Re: [RFC/PATCH v2] usb: Add streams support to epautoconf.

From: merez
Date: Mon Dec 20 2010 - 14:34:05 EST

> On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 10:15AM, Greg KH wrote:
> What do you exactly mean by "proprietary search algorithm"?
Our implementation for finding an EP with the required number of streams
may not fit the needs and platform definitions of all controllers. For
example, having the minimum number of streams as a parameter will allow
controllers to compromise on the number of required streams in case there
is no EP that answers their first request.
At the beginning of usb_ep_autoconfig we could see many if statements for
finding the fitting EP for several controllers (for example
gadget_is_net2280). The new gadget op will prevent having additional if
statements in the usb_ep_autoconfig in case a different search is needed.
Thanks,
Maya Erez
Consultant for Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum