Re: [GIT PULL] MMC fixes for 2.6.37

From: Chris Ball
Date: Thu Dec 23 2010 - 14:13:20 EST

Hi Kyungmin,

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 06:17:50PM +0900, Kyungmin Park wrote:
> Can you include the s5pc210 external clock support?

As I said:

If Ben agrees, I'm happy to send it on.

If Ben stays silent, then I have to overrule him -- he's the maintainer
of this driver. I'm okay with doing that, but I'd like to do it by
shipping these patches in the next merge window and giving him (and
others who test the -rc series) time to disagree.

> without this, s5pc210 boards doesn't use the SDHCI.

But that's not a regression from earlier kernels (correct me if I'm
wrong). Adding support for a new board is a merge window task, not
a final-fixes-before-release task.

I'm sorry these patches have been waiting so long. I didn't realize
Ben would stay silent on them -- in future, I'll shorten my timeout
for an ACK from Ben.

Thanks,

--
Chris Ball <cjb@xxxxxxxxxx> <http://printf.net/>