Re: i2c runtime suspend and system wide suspend

From: Rabin Vincent
Date: Thu Dec 30 2010 - 01:33:14 EST

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Abhijeet Dharmapurikar
<adharmap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The i2c-core driver mixes runtime suspend and system wide suspend, in that,
> during a system wide suspend, it skips calling ->suspend if the device is
> runtime suspended.
>
> I have an interrupt controller running over the i2c bus and that driver is
> oblivious of the runtime pm framework, IOW, it doesn't do any runtime pm
> calls. CONFIG_RUNTIME_PM is enabled however (for some other bus drivers).
> The issue I am facing is that all such i2c devices are assumed runtime
> suspended and the ->suspend for these devices is not invoked during
> systemwide suspend.

This was discussed on linux-pm recently. Rafael had a fix, I'm don't know
whether it's applied yet:

https://lists.linux-foundation.org/pipermail/linux-pm/2010-December/029567.html
https://lists.linux-foundation.org/pipermail/linux-pm/2010-December/029596.html

Also relevant: