Re: suspend hangs at platform phase [was: mmotm 2010-12-23-16-58 uploaded]

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Wed Jan 05 2011 - 18:29:46 EST

On Wednesday, January 05, 2011, Jiri Slaby wrote:
> On 01/05/2011 11:39 PM, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> >> No _PST here :).
> >
> > I really meant _PTS and yes, there is one and it does quite a lot of
> > interesting stuff.
>
> Yeah, I grepped for _PTS, but in a wrong file. My bad.
>
> > Are you able to collect serial console (or equivalent) logs from that machine?
>
> Unfortunately I don't have a second machine with serial port. What
> exactly you want to dig out of the logs? Will netconsole work at that phase?

I don't think so, the adapter will have been already suspended.

Hmm. I guess you can boot with no_console_suspend in the kernel command line
and use the video console to get some debug info. At this point we would like
to know where exactly it hangs, so you'd need to enable AML tracing in the
kernel and basically see what's printed last. :-)

Two more questions:
(1) Does the failing machine power off correctly with the kernel that fails to
suspend?
(2) Is the failing suspend behavior reproducible if you run
"echo disk > /sys/power/state" instead of "pm-suspend" in the platform test?

Rafael