Boot failure in 2.6.37

From: David Ronis
Date: Thu Jan 06 2011 - 15:02:09 EST

I just upgraded 3 machines from version 2.6.36 to 2.6.37. On one of
them, as it turns out, the oldest machine, rebooting hung (the other 2
are fine). The last thing I see on the console is:

/dev/ttyS?: No such file or directory
Using /etc/random-seed to initialize /dev/urandom

(normally this is a box without a monitor, keyboard etc).

I couldn't login via ssh (no surprise) but several daemons were up and
running (the machine was pingable, mail was being received).

This is a noname, dual cpu Pentium III box running slackware 11.0.0.

Any ideas?

I don't subscribe to this list and would appreciated a CC on any

Thanks in advance.