Re: staging-tree: to stage or not to stage

From: Greg KH
Date: Thu Jan 06 2011 - 17:19:58 EST

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 04:11:43PM +0530, Pavan Savoy wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> <long mail warning...>
>
> We've been having this discussion here and there, and there has been
> various opinions about what staging is,
> I've also read your mail @ http://lwn.net/Articles/285594/ on what the
> tree IS and what it is NOT.
>
> So, hoping you dispel all opinions and lay down some facts!!!

Sure, please ask specific questions and I will be glad to answer them.

I understand you are frustrated that some of your code had to be
rewritten numerous times, but that is just the nature of Linux kernel
development sorry. I'm pretty sure that you agree that the end result
is much better than the original submissions, right?

thanks,

greg k-h