[Ver. 2] Network Virtual Terminal

From: Rodolfo Giometti
Date: Mon Jan 10 2011 - 08:07:49 EST

Hello,

here my implementation of Network Virtual terminals (NVT tty)
according to RFC 854 and RFC 2217... actually this is the client side
part since as remote server I used sredird
(http://freshmeat.net/projects/sredird/).

I tested the code under the following configuration:

------------------+
+---------+ |
| minicom | |
+---------+ |
| | local PC with no
v | serial ports
/dev/nvtty0 |
| |
------------------+

/\/\/\/\/\
| network |
\/\/\/\/\/

------------------+
| |
v |
+---------+ |
| sredird | |
+---------+ | remote PC with
| | serial ports
v |
/dev/ttyS0 |
| |
------------------+

embedded PC with
a serial console

however it could work on a different schema I suppose.

By using minicom I can setup the serial settings of the /dev/ttyS0
device through the /dev/nvtty0 virtual device, then the communication
with the embedded PC can start as if it was directly connected with my
local machine.

Ciao,

Rodolfo

--