Re: Signal patchset

From: Greg Ungerer
Date: Mon Jan 10 2011 - 19:17:28 EST

On 07/01/11 23:17, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 21:42, Geert Uytterhoeven<geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 14:23, Greg Ungerer<gerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 15/12/10 20:10, Al Viro wrote:
On Sun, Dec 05, 2010 at 12:15:10PM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

Unless someone objects, I'm inclined to apply Al's patchset, as it
improves the
situation anyway.

OK?

FWIW, there's an m68knommu counterpart (ACKed by gerg a while ago). The
entire bunch is on ftp.linux.org.uk/pub/people/viro/m68k-signals - both m68k
and m68knommu sets. I don't know how you guys would prefer it done, since

Thx, good the know the nommu part is there, as I don't seem to have it
in my mailbox.

there's a trivial dependency between m68k and m68knommu parts of series -
the former has
+#ifndef __uClinux__
+#define __ARCH_WANT_SYS_RT_SIGSUSPEND
+#endif
in unistd.h and the latter does
-#ifndef __uClinux__
#define __ARCH_WANT_SYS_RT_SIGSUSPEND
-#endif
Both parts switch to generic sys_rt_sigsuspend(), for mmu and nommu resp.,
so they need __ARCH_WANT_SYS_RT_SIGSUSPEND defined as soon as conversion
is done. Other than that they are independent.

I can make sure to send to Linus after Geert. Unless Geert you
want to take and send both the m68k and m68knommu changes?

I can take the m68knommu changes with your ack, too.
I'll try to take a look at it tomorrow...

I applied the m68k part to master and for-2.6.38/for-linus.
In addition, I applied the m68knommu part with Greg's acks added to for-next.

Greg, please let me know if this is OK, so I can send a pull request to Linus
after it's been cooking one night in linux-next.

Oh, yes, that is ok. (I see the pull request now :-)
I have a bunch of things in linux-next for m68knommu, and we
hit nothing there so I think it is all good.

Regards
Greg

Geert

-- Linus Torvalds