Re: [Patch] kexec_load: check CAP_SYS_MODULE

From: Cong Wang
Date: Tue Jan 11 2011 - 06:26:19 EST

ä 2011å01æ09æ 10:09, Eric W. Biederman åé:

We aren't dealing with modules I think CAP_SYS_MODULE is totally
irrelevant in the context of kexec.

Yeah, although I don't really understand CAP_SYS_MODULE, but it
really confused me to add it to kexec_load() from its name.

I think to accomplish what you want we either need a way to disable
sys_kexec_load or possibly a new very targeted capability bit.

You are making it so that giving someone CAP_SYS_MODULE is giving more
than the ability to load kernel modules. Which seems non-intuitive from
a system management point of view.

How about CAP_SYS_KEXEC?

Thanks.