Re: [GIT PULL] SCSI postmerge patches for 2.6.38 merge window

From: Bart Van Assche
Date: Sat Jan 15 2011 - 13:26:23 EST

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 7:40 PM, James Bottomley
<James.Bottomley@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is a set of three patches I've been carrying that had a
> dependencies on pieces of the block tree (which went in yesterday).
> It's been rebased to go cleanly on top of current git head (and elimnate
> some of the merge cruft of creating a postmerge tree).  All of the
> patches have been in Linux-next for several weeks.
>
> The two sd/sr patches are just completion of the media events
> infrastructure which was in the block tree.  The main chunk is the
> addition of the LIO in-kernel target infrastructure which is one of the
> two competing target infrastructures which have been out of tree for
> several years now.  Thanks to quite a lot of effort (particularly from
> Christoph Hellwig) cleaning it up, I think it's ready for mainline
> inclusion.  This piece is just the target infrastructure; we'll begin
> adding the in-kernel drivers and the migration hooks for STGT (our
> original user land target driver) over the next merge window.
>
> The patch is available here:
>
> master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi-post-merge-2.6.git
>
> The short changelog is:
>
> Nicholas Bellinger (1):
>      target: Add LIO target core v4.0.0-rc6
> [ ... ]

As anyone can see in the source file drivers/target/target_core_mib.c
this patch adds a significant number of new files to procfs. I thought
that this was considered unacceptable since a long time ? Has anything
changed ?

See also http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=blob;f=drivers/target/target_core_mib.c.

Bart.